Hit The ‘Buy’ Button - I Love Ford Technology!
02 September 2015
Words by Ian Leslight
Sitting in my Grandfathers brand new Ford Falcon as a kid I remember clearly his excitement at showing me its latest feature.
“You just push this button in here and wait a few seconds” he said with a big grin on his face.
I watched intently as, 'pop' the button popped back out. “Wow” I said, “Wait, watch this” Granddad said as he reached down and pulled out the button. My eyes widened when I saw the bright orange glow and watched in amazement as he walked it out of the car and used it to start our campfire burning without a match.
“How good is that” he said proudly.
I was very impressed and I enjoyed pushing that button with my siblings, over and over again for the rest of the camping trip!
Lets move forward now to 2015, where I have been looking at the list of Ford’s Latest Technologies.
- EcoBoost - Giving small engines big horsepower.
- Active City Stop - Preventing you from rear ending the car in front if your not paying attention.
- Adaptive Cruise Control - sensing the distance of vehicles in front to maintain a safe distance, I love this one.
- Active Park Assist - It not only finds the perfect size park for you it steers you in as well.
- SYNC™ - Control your phone and music hands free, seamless voice activated user benefits.
- Hands-free Tailgate - No more fumbling for keys when your hands are full.
- Emergency Assistance - If you are involved in an accident, stay calm, your car has used your mobile to call the emergency services for you and passed on your location. Amazing!
- Electronic Stability Control (ESC)- Helping you to maintain grip and control in sticky situations.
- Rain-sensing Wipers - I don’t know how they do this but it is very convenient.
- Rear Parking Sensors & Camera - Helping you to reverse and park safely.
- 6-speed PowerShift - The sporty feel of a manual with the ease of an automatic.
- Boron Steel - Aerospace steel reduces wait and increases strength where it matters.
- Torque Vectoring Control - Keeping you safe and steady while cornering.
- Active Grille Shutter - Electronically controlled grille, adjusting air flow to manage fuel consumption and engine temperature.
- Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) - A non intrusive warning when a vehicle comes into your blind spots, very useful for city driving.
- Hill Launch Assist - Hill starts are a breeze with this technology
- Auto Start-Stop - Saving you fuel wherever possible
- Keyless entry & Push-button Start - Bulky keys are a thing of the past.
These latest technologies are not available in every Ford model, it’s more a case of, if its relevant to the common use of that vehicle it has it.
Ford’s might not have an inbuilt lighter anymore but I am sure my late Grandfather would yet again be impressed with Ford’s Latest Technologies.
I certainly would enjoy showing him how the lighter socket has evolved and now provides power top-ups on all our igadgets.
Keep up the good work Ford!
Check out more detailed info regarding Ford’s Latest Technologies here!
Call us on (02) 9332 8178 or make an enquiry below and we'll get back to you.